NAHJ Region 5 Conference information coming soon! Dec. 6 & 7
Hugo Balta's discussion this week is all about Unity and NAHJ's next move.
NAHJ Board votes to leave UNITY.
The NAHJ Career Center has a new look, and plenty of job openings.
Networking after #EIJ13
Tips to continue the conversation
Networking in our business is very important. Make sure you continue the conversation with your new business contacts that you made at #EIJ13.
Official NAHJ Sponsor: Maid Sailors. This company is founded by Hispanic founders. They are supporting us. They are also offering business advice, just email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tue Oct 22 NAHJ President discusses how the board voted on UNITY issue.
- Mon Oct 21 Dear NAHJ Nation, I have only one topic to discuss in this edition of
- Thu Oct 17 NAHJ President urges new Fusion network to be reflective of Latino community
- Mon Oct 07 In the President's Message, Hugo Balta is talking about NAHJ's talks to leave UNITY,
- Mon Oct 07 NAHJ to discuss reasons for leaving UNITY with NAHJ Membership.The four NAHJ representatives on
- Sun Oct 06 Congratulations to the 2013 Ñ Award winners. All five winners have proven they are
- Thu Oct 03 Meet the 2013 NAHJ Scholarship recipients. Congrats!
- Mon Sep 30 Hugo Balta reminds us about the panels at Region 6 conference. Register now.
- Mon Sep 30 The Boston Globe paid internships. Apply by November 1st.
- Tue Sep 24 NAHJ Is Outraged by Fox News Segment with Chris Wallace.
- Mon Sep 23 NAHJ President Hugo Balta discusses proposal to change the organization’s jurisdiction of incorporation from
- Sat Sep 21 Schedule of events and panels at the upcoming Region 6 Conference in Chicago.
- Wed Sep 18 Veteran journalists David Gonzalez and Gilbert Bailón were both inducted into the NAHJ Hall of
- Wed Sep 18 2013 NAHJ President's Award Recipient: Joanna Hernandez. How she went from single mother on
- Mon Sep 16 NAHJ al Presidente Obama: No te olvides de los Latinos
- Mon Sep 16 Dear NAHJ Nation, Happy Hispanic Heritage Month! I hope you all are enjoying the
- Thu Sep 12 NAHJ to President Obama: No te olvides de los Latinos.
- Mon Sep 09 Summary of NAHJ Board meeting on August 27, 2013.
- Mon Sep 09 President's Message: Hugo Balta discusses the Region 6 conference in Chicago, and starting a
- Mon Sep 09 Summary of the NAHJ Board meeting on August 23, 2013
- Wed Sep 04 Meet the newly elected board with the NAHJ Nevada chapter.
- Tue Sep 03 Hugo Balta is talking post #EIJ13, upcoming conference in Chicago, and about the
- Mon Sep 02 How to continue the networking after the #EIJ13 Conference. Here are a few tips
- Mon Aug 19 Hugo Balta is talking about the #EIJ13 conference, a reminder about our fundraiser, the
- Sat Aug 17 NAHJ Region 6 Conference in Chicago. Register today!
- Fri Aug 16 Who do you want to nominate for a 2013 Ñ Award? Deadline is Sept.
- Mon Aug 12 Dear NAHJ Nation, It’s exciting to think that in less than two weeks we
- Mon Aug 05 Dear NAHJ Nation, I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer!
- Mon Jul 29 Dear NAHJ Nation, I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I’d like
- Wed Jul 24 The board of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists has selected David Gonzalez and
- Wed Jul 24 NAHJ thru a generous donation from the Ford Foundation is offering members in good
- Mon Jul 22 Dear NAHJ Nation, I know journalists love a deadline, and this one is fast
- Tue Jul 16 The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) Region 3 will host an important forum
- Mon Jul 15 Dear NAHJ Nation, Congratulations to the NAHJ South Florida chapter for producing the wonderful
- Mon Jul 08 Dear NAHJ Nation, I hope to see many of you this weekend at the
- Tue Jul 02 Dear NAHJ Nation, By now you have likely seen the new report released last
- Mon Jun 24 Dear NAHJ Nation, We are two months away from the premier event of the
- Sun Jun 23 NAHJ member and guest blogger, Laura Castañeda shares her experience as one of the university professors
- Tue Jun 18 NAHJ is proud to announce the 12 college students selected from across the country
- Mon Jun 17 Dear NAHJ Nation, Happy belated Father’s Day to all members who are “Papas.” I
- Mon Jun 10 Dear NAHJ Nation, A special thank you to the Bay Area chapter for the
- Fri Jun 07 Dear NAHJ Nation, As promised, here is the link (email@example.com) for you to send
- Thu Jun 06 Are you a broadcast journalist looking to improve your skills? Are you working as
- Wed Jun 05 Today marks the official start of our election season. As part of the campaign,
- Tue Jun 04 The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) met with Attorney General Eric Holder and
- Mon Jun 03 Dear NAHJ Nation, As many of you know, on behalf of our association, I
- Tue May 28 Dear NAHJ Nation, A year ago we started a conversation called “Si, Se Puede!!”
- Fri May 24 The NAHJ Hall of Fame award is given to an individual who has courageously upheld
- Mon May 20 Dear NAHJ Nation, I hope you all had a great weekend! As you know,
- Tue May 14 When journalists can’t effectively do their job, democracy is at risk. Freedom of the press
- Mon May 13 Dear NAHJ Nation, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day! I have information
- Mon May 06 Dear NAHJ Nation, It matters that The Los Angeles Times and The Denver Post
- Thu May 02 The National Association of Hispanic Journalists is proud and grateful for The Denver Post’s
- Thu May 02 Language matters. The words we choose and how we choose to use them can
- Wed May 01 NAHJ Board Meeting Comes to Order at 9:10am Friday, December 7, 2012 Conference
- Mon Apr 29 Dear NAHJ Nation, As an association, we advocate for the fair and accurate coverage
- Thu Apr 25 My name is Blanca and I’m a happy newspaper reporter. It feels strange to
- Wed Apr 24 The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) is disappointed by the NY Times’ carelessness
- Tue Apr 23 We are proud to announce that Calkins Media has just become the newest corporate
- Tue Apr 23 Update: (3:20 pm ET) New York Times has issued a new policy regarding “Illegal immigrant.”
- Mon Apr 22 Dear NAHJ Nation, Congratulations to Dallas chapter (Hispanic Communicators DFW) president Saul Garza and
- Wed Apr 17 NAHJ members when was the last time you checked out our career center? Your
- Mon Apr 15 Dear NAHJ Nation, Congratulations to Bay Area Chapter president Vicki Adame and her team
- Mon Apr 08 Dear NAHJ Nation, Congratulations to NAHJ South Florida chapter president Pia Malbran and her
- Tue Apr 02 NAHJ applauds the Associate Press for dropping the term "Illegal immigrant."
- Tue Apr 02 The NAHJ board met for the first time this year at the site of
- Thu Mar 28 In preparation for this year’s elections, I want to invite members who would
- Mon Mar 25 Dear NAHJ Nation, This week your national board will meet at the site of
- Mon Mar 25 The National Association of Hispanic Journalists Board of Directors March 30, 2013 Meeting Anaheim
- Mon Mar 25 The NAHJ Region 2 conference was a huge success recently in New York City.
- Mon Mar 18 Our association has the good fortune of having talented and committed leaders across the
- Thu Mar 14 United Airlines announced today that it has renewed its partnership with the National Association
- Mon Mar 11 This weekend’s Region 2 Conference: Nuevo Horizonte in New York City is just the
- Wed Mar 06 The previous week gave us plenty to talk about regarding diversity in newsrooms...These are
- Fri Mar 01 If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what can be said about
- Mon Feb 25 A message on NAHJ member Soledad O'Brien, CNN, and our push for more diversity.
- Wed Feb 20 Here are some of the latest job openings: Marine Independent Journal in San Rafael,
- Mon Feb 18 President's Message: Updates on Region 2 and EIJ conferences and how to win two
- Mon Feb 11 It's been six months since you elected me president. Our association is experiencing...(Read more)
- Mon Feb 04 NAHJ President, Hugo Balta talks about the success of the recent NAHJ Atlanta event,
- Mon Jan 28 Find out about NAHJ's financial status. Also a reminder to renew and submit a
- Wed Jan 23 February 7--NAHJ Nevada fundraiser: One Year in Photos Auction
- Wed Jan 23 CNN's Jen Christensen becomes president of NLGJA
- Tue Jan 22 President's Message about the importance of chapter leadership.
- Sat Jan 19 January 28th--NAHJ event in NYC; Meet Director Bernardo Ruiz talks about his documentary "Reportero"
- Fri Jan 18 February 2nd in Atlanta, NAHJ Day of Professional Development
- Fri Jan 18 Which members got new jobs? Who got a book published? Check out the latest
- Thu Jan 17 NLGJA mourns the loss of President Michael Triplett